Skip directly to content

St. Michael's Episcopal Church

St. Michael's Episcopal Church was built in 1855 across from Faunsdale Plantation outside Faunsdale, Marengo County. The Gothic Revival structure replaced an earlier log church built in 1844 on land donated by Thomas and Louisa Harrison, the plantation owners. The church sits in its original location in this photo from the early 1880s, but it was moved into the town of Faunsdale in 1888. It was destroyed by a tornado in 1932.
Photo courtesy of the Birmingham Public Library