Skip directly to content

Alabama Great Southern Railway Depot

The structure that now houses the Bessemer Hall of History was originally built as the Bessemer depot of the Alabama Great Southern Railway in 1916. The city was founded in 1886 by industrialist Henry F. DeBardeleben. The depot was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Photo courtesy of the Bessemer Hall of History