Skip directly to content

Morrison's Cafeteria, 1945

Morrison's Cafeteria was founded by J. A. Morrison in Mobile, Mobile County, in 1920. The company expanded to include more than 150 restaurants at its peak but entering the 1990s, a cultural shift toward casual dining resulted in the restructuring of the company and the discontinuation of the Morrison's name. Only the Mobile restaurant remains.
Courtesy of the Doy Leale McCall Rare Book and Manuscript Library; photograph by Eric Overbey