Skip directly to content

ARDMONT Baseball Team, 1920

The Aviation Repair Depot at what is now Maxwell Air Force Base was more commonly known as ARDMONT. The men stationed there fielded baseball, football, and polo teams and had regular boxing matches, all of which were enthusiastically attended by the members of the local Montgomery community.
Courtesy of Air University, Office of History